[Valid Atom 1.0] BarbaraEllen: Shop Local. Made in America: Anthropologie Birthday Horray!

Monday, March 4, 2013

Shop Local. Made in America: Anthropologie Birthday Horray!

I am almost 30. Which would be a lot more accurate if we were dawning upon the eve of my 30th Birthday. Which we are not. Instead, I say the official foray into my late-20's is close enough. Not that I view 30 as enemy territory. In fact, I view 30 & all things leading up as an excuse to act more adult. Which means using my 15% off Birthday gift to Express Ship expensive blouses from Anthropologie warehouse to my doorstep, before 28 years of celebration ensues, completely guilt-free. Post Script: Express Shipping is just $10 more. #worthit
Free Membership. 15% off. Free Standard Shopping.
Happy Birthday.

...Please tell me you know about the Anthropolgie Membership. It's like a free $15 (min) every single year of the month you were born. (Clarification: I say $15 min b/c, let's face it, we're probably all spending 100+ even on a sale purchase from our fav designer-retailer.) On my birthday weekend, I normally brave the mall, head to Eastview, and purchase all Anthropolo-gifts  in-store. (It's about maximizing the 15% off, though the discount does come with free Standard Shipping!) This year, I'm hoofing it local. We're talking ShopPeppermint & VOA. Still, I could not resist the pull of my free Anthro-dollar-ies.


Everything about this look.

I knew I'd buy only the dress or top that whispered sweet-nothings to me. When I saw the Gemma Lace Button down in blue, with its Virginia Woolf inspired edge and sweet & sexy lace, and when I saw that it is USA made, I knew it must be true. I'd found my birthday blouse. The best part about this Vanessa Virginia design is its versatility and timelessness. Office-chic, going-out ready. Classic lines, sturdy lace. A mature investment for a young, though maturing, wardrobe.

“Vain trifles as they seem, clothes have, they say, more important offices than to merely keep us warm. They change our view of the world and the world's view of us.” -Virginia Woolf, "Orlando"

picture dark skinnies, black booties, rhinestones & chains; pink/red/coral lip (take your pick), same hair, sleek bag, and a half-finished tattoo poking through...


Happy Birthday
fellow

 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not your typical BarbaraEllen ... but still be constructive. Creative also welcome! xo.